Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Remembering Titan (Decemeber 25, 1985- May 10, 2010)


He was my first guy best friend.

I remember when we used to be each other's "weekend text buddies". It's like our weekend won't be complete without our kulitan and whole day chats. We would talk about almost everything under sun. Give each other advices on love, friendship and life in general. Even if we didn't get the chance to really hangout for a couple of years, the distance didn't matter. And I'm glad that I get the chance to be one of his trusted and best friends.

A month before he passed away, I was glad that I was able to say thank you for the wonderful friendship we were able to foster. It is so sad that it had to be cut short.

The morning of election day (May 10,2010), I received a text from his cousin who is also a friend. The said something like "Iniwan na tayo ni Kuya Titan". It didn't sick in the first time I received the message. It was only at night when I finally realized that it was true and all I could do is cry. And I have to deal with a big change in my life. Gone are those weekends when we text all day. Weekends were not the same anymore. No more jokes. No more good advices. No more kulitan. And we will not be able to treat each other for movie and dinner as he promised me.

I can't believe it's already been a year when you left.
I miss all of our chats, the friendship and the memories we all have. I know I'll meet him again in the future. And he is now in a happy place called heaven. And he is now an angel for all of those who love him dearly.

Thanks for the friendship and the memories. You will always be missed.


No comments: